By “How To Open A Casino” I mean opening of an off-line casino. Frankly, I am not fond of the term “off-line casino”. I would prefer to call it a Live Casino, but that could be confused with Casino Live Streaming service providers. Probably the correct name to describe a casino with actual premises to play in would be “a brick and mortar casino”. However, I will stick with “Off-Line Casino”.
- Choose the right geographical location.
- Create your business plan.
- Decide whether you want to rent, buy or construct the casino building.
- Open a company and apply for a gaming license (in some countries you have to have the casino premises ready before applying for the gaming license).
- Apply for any other necessary licenses – alcohol, cigarettes, etc.
- Design the casino – decorations, slot floor layout, live game table layout, CCTV layout.
- Build the casino.
- Check local requirements for casino equipment.
- Find out what games perform best in the area.
- Choose the right casino management software for Slots, Live Game and Cage.
- Order live game tables and equipment.
- Order slot machines.
- Order the casino management software.
- Order CCTV equipment.
- Recruit and train personnel.
- Create marketing plan:
- Analyse competition.
- Define the target market (locals, tourists or junkets).
- Set marketing objectives.
- Decide which marketing channels and/or tools to use.
- Create a casino procedures manual.
- Set up and test equipment.
These are the main points to take into consideration when opening a casino. Each country has different requirements and the list could be shorter, but will likely be much longer.
To make sure the process is smooth and without delays you must do thorough procedure research. Just a few examples:
- In most cases you will need expat personnel – find out whether expat staff can be employed, what the costs are, and the procedures and time frames for work permits.
- Some countries have strict rules about equipment certification – make sure that the equipment you are going to purchase can be used in that country.
The more thorough research and analysis you do the smoother the process will be – both before and after the opening of your casino. You can find more information on my site.
Alternatively, I will provide more detailed information about some of the tasks in my future posts. Subscribe and get notified when I publish new content.